Sunday, November 4, 2012

Straight Edge

Much ado online about a straight edge on a cake. There is the Australian method for a super sharp ganache edge and plenty of tutorials. My favorites are from Jessica  for the ganache and Cake Central for buttercream.  Since I don't frost cakes completely with ganache (but totally admire everything Jessica creates!), I attempted the buttercream method.


Not too shabby. Technically speaking, not the first time I have tried this. The first time was two years ago. Major fail. I was so impatient. Or used the wrong frosting. Anyway, much better this time. I will do this again! After all, practice makes perfect :-)
For comparison, this finished cake doesn't have that crisp edge. Slightly more round. Slight, I know. But this is the stuff cake bakers think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment