Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Truffala Tree Experiment

Cotton candy is a finicky treat. Light and fluffy, totally perishable. Absolutely perfect for Truffula trees. I was so excited to get an order for "The Lorax" cake! All those great cotton candy ideas online. At last, a chance to try it out.

My plan was to place the trees on the cake just before the pick-up time. Hoping the cotton candy would not wilt before the party. However, Saturday became jammed packed with activities. I needed a back-up plan. And a little experiment to see if I could make the trees in advance.


Really, all that is needed here is the picture.

Plastic baggies and twist ties ready, I made the trees in advance and off to run the bus route for Saturday. Want to see the finished cake?! I loved it! Hoping Annabelle did too!




Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. How do you personally browse for information for your fresh posts, which search websites or techniques do you often turn to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What a funny comment :-) All my posts depend on what I am baking. I love sharing thoughts about particular projects and pictures of how they turn out. Hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete